- Explain the basis of the Supply Chain and how Supply Chain decisions impacts on the success of the KFC organisation.
- Demonstrate role of innovation in online business models and approaches of communications.
- Identify and evaluate Best Practice in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
KFC – The Apology
As per the report of BBC, KFC has apologised to its customers for running out of chicken - in a pretty bold way. The chain of fast took out a whole ad in the Sun and Metro newspapers which highlight an empty bucket of chicken with bit spilling out. The KFC logo on the side, the letters have been switched around. The food chain was pressurised to close number of stores this week creates a problem with its customer.
Around 700 of its 900 UK outlets still reopen. In the ad, KFC said: "A restaurant cannot run without chicken. It's not ideal.”
"Huge apologies to our customers, especially from those who move out their way to find we were closed." (BBC, 2018)
Many customers are disappointed with the company. There are the number of branches which are unexpectedly close. It has achieved the worst response from their customers and they are almost wished to prevent the taste of KFC. They close their window and put the sign stating: “Sorry we’re closed …we’ve had a few hiccups with the delivery.” (Sun,2018).
According to The Guardian, DHL, who took over KFC's UK supply chain management last week, has been keeping chickens ordained for use at the fast food chain's restaurants in an unregistered cold storage warehouse.
Trade union GMB has condemn KFC for a “cheese-paring” decision to compensate DHL its distribution contract although warnings the delivery firm would not be up to the job. (Supply management, 2018).
- Identify the importance of KFC’s Logistics variables in avoiding such delays in the future and satisfying the consumers. (LO1)
- Evaluate how innovations in e-business and e-commerce, can help KFC avoid such delays in the future, within its supply chain management (LO2)
- How KFC aims to improve its liableness within its supply chain and logistics. Recommend and advice best approaches that help KFC to achieve objective. (LO3)
- Cover page
- Table of contents
- Overview of organisation