HNBS 301 Business and the Business Environment Level 5 HND in Business Management Level 4
5 Pages 0 Downloads
- Course Code: HNBS 301
- Course Title: HNBS 301 Business and the Business Environment Level 5 HND in Business Management Level 4
- University: University of Exeter
- Country: UK
Different types, size and scope of organisations and interrelationship of the various functions within an organisation and how they link to organisational structure
Your next door neighbour intends to open his own business in UK. He knows that you are pursuing a HNC in Business Management course. He requested you to provide him with background knowledge and understanding of business, the functions of an organisation and the wider business environments in which organisations operate. He requested you to examine the different types of organisations (including for profit and not for profit), their size and scope (for instance, micro, SME, transnational and global) and how they operate. You are also expected to explore the relationships that organisations have with their various stakeholders and how the wider external environments influence and shape business decision-
- Explain the different types, size and scope of organisations
- Demonstrate the interrelationship of the various functions within an organisation and how they link to organisational structure
- Explain different types and purposes of organisations; public, private and voluntary sectors and legal structures
- Explain the size and scope of a range of different types of organisations.
- Analyse how the structure, size and scope of different organisations link to the business objectives and product and services offered by the organisation
- Explain the relationship between different organisational functions and how they link to organisational objectives and structure.
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of interrelationships between organisational functions and the impact that can have upon organisational structure with examples from your chosen organisation.
Influence/impact the macro environment has on business operations and internal strengths and weaknesses of specific businesses and their interrelationship with external macro factors
After the presentation, you decided to write a report covering the influence/impact the macro
environment has on business operations and internal strengths and weaknesses of specific businesses
and their interrelationship with external macro factors.
- Use contemporary examples to demonstrate both the positive and negative influence/impact the macro environment has on business operations
- Determine the internal strengths and weaknesses of specific businesses and explain their interrelationship with external macro factors
- Identify the positive and negative impacts the macro environment has upon business operations, supported by specific examples.
- Apply appropriately the PESTLE model to support a detailed analysis of the macro environment within your selected organisation.
- Conduct internal and external analysis of your selected organisation in order to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain how strengths and weaknesses you identified for your selected organisation. Interrelate with external macro factors of the business environment it operates.
- Apply appropriately SWOT/TOWS analysis and justify how they influence decision-making in your selected organisation.
- Critically evaluate the impacts that both macro and micro factors have upon business objectives and decision-making with examples from your selected organisation.
Tesco is the retail company which deals in the groceries, clothings, electricals and the hardware. The business environment of this company is good for the employees. The environment in which the business operates and behave that shapes the business activities. In the There are many types of organisations like private, public and the voluntary sectors.
Positive and negative impacts of macro environment
In the Tesco Company there is the macro environment. In the macro environment includes they economy as the whole. And the macro environment has some positive and some negative effects. The positive impact of macro environment is that by using the macro then it helps in reduces the length of the program, and it helps in time reducing that is mostly spend by the complier for calling of the functions, the execution programming speed is the main advantage of the macro.
Internal and external analysis and identify the strengths and the weaknesses
The Tesco company, it is dealing in the grocery and the food items. The main main to to analysis and identify the macro environment and also identifies the competencies and the resources. The Tesco company is the largest and the biggest food retailers. With the help of the PESTLE analysis, it helps in identify the erratic and the vibrant environment in which the company operates.