The following learning outcome covers certain item. Please, refer to the module study guide for the full list of learning outcome.
- Determine and examine the macro- and micro-environmental factors that impact business firms in today competitive business environment.
- Reflect upon concept on how the factors in the macro environment form business action.
- Determine and measure strategic models in the evaluation of the internal business environment.
- Convey central ideas effectively.
- Self-reflection and Self-management.
Assessment 2 Details
Knowing Macro factors and Firm structure
7 questions from PESTEL Model, Firm’s legal structures and Circular flow of economy.
Reflection on and Micro Factors and Porter’s 5 Forces
10 questions for reflection on utilization of Porter’s 5 Forces Model as well as Market Mechanisms
Part B: Essay
Write a 2,000-words essay known as ‘Reflective analysis of the internal business environment’. In your essay, state to the following tasks:
- Explain the Value Chain Model planned by Porter (1985).
2.Select and determine a business well-known to you that operates in the UK.
- Use the Value Chain model to study the internal surroundings of your selected business. Concentrate on only the applicable to primary and/or supporting action for the designated business.
- Reflect on the usefulness of the Value Chain Model in helping you understand the internal business environment of your chosen company.
The essay should be accomplished using the following structure.
- Cover page
- Introduction (approx. 100 words)
- Value Chain Model (i.e. result to Task 1; approx. 400 words)
- Company (i.e. response to Task 2; approx. 300 words)
- Internal environment (i.e. result to Task 3; add segments here; approx. 600 words)
- Reflection on Value Chain Model (i.e. response to Task 4; approx. 500 words)
- Conclusion (approx. 100 words)